Ryan S. Suser, a litigation and family law attorney at Bousquet Holstein was a guest speaker at the National Business Institute program titled Family Law from Start to Finish May 23-24, 2017 at the RIT Inn and Conference Center.
The 2-day program provided procedural guidance, how-to’s, sample forms, and best practices so attorneys can build a strong starting point or receive a practical refresher for an existing practice. The program offered insights on how to:
- Confidently guide your clients through decision-making processes by understanding all options, benefits and potential drawbacks.
- Understand the essential mechanics of marital property valuation and division.
- Navigate complex tax returns to uncover a wealth of financial information.
- Find out how to divide qualified retirement plans, nonqualified plans and state workers’ retirement accounts.
- Determine what can and cannot be used in child support calculations or offset child support obligations.
- Explore key tax pitfalls and opportunities of divorce.
- Analyze social media’s evolutionary impact on divorce litigation.
- Discover how to properly handle contempt and enforcement issues like child support enforcement.
- Get straightforward guidance on drafting key family law documents, including prenups, parenting plans and final orders.
Ryan Suser’s speaking topics included: Divorce Procedures, Initial Steps and Preliminary Orders; Discovery in Divorce: Tax Returns, Social Media and More; and Enforcing the Judgement and Contempt Proceedings.