Bousquet Holstein PLLC is pleased to announce it has opened an office in Ithaca. Having a physical presence allows the firm to better serve its client base in Ithaca and the Finger Lakes Region. The new office is now open on the third floor at 121 East Seneca St.
Legal services offered from the Ithaca location include trust and estates, elder law, business law and business transactions, public finance, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) matters, commercial real estate, and commercial and trust litigation. Clients in the Ithaca and Finger Lakes Region will also benefit from the experience of attorneys and practice groups in the firm’s Syracuse and New York City offices.
According to David Holstein, “Our attorneys have personal roots in the Ithaca community and have been building professional relationships in the region for many years. The addition of this location is a natural progression that will afford us the opportunity to serve the community in the same manner that we have in our Syracuse and New York City offices. We look forward to engagement with the Ithaca community and to providing excellent legal counsel through our diverse, experienced and dedicated team of professionals.”
The Bousquet Holstein legal team will work collaboratively to provide counsel to members of the Ithaca and Finger Lakes communities as follows:
- Kimberly Rothman has worked as an attorney and has lived in Ithaca for the past 14 years. She joined Bousquet Holstein in January 2019. “I am excited to be part of such a creative and collaborative team of estate planning attorneys, whose skills and experience include all areas of the estate planning field,” Kimberly said. In addition, Paralegals Peg Lovejoy and Akina McKay joined the firm in January and will work in the Ithaca office.
- David Holstein, Kimberly Rothman, Emilee Lawson Hatch, Aaron Frishman and Georgia Crinnin are available to provide trust and estate planning, wealth preservation and business succession planning, elder and disability planning, and estate and trust administration services. Aaron Frishman also works with clients on elder law issues, including Medicaid and long term care planning, guardianship and supplemental needs trust planning.
- David Holstein will provide services to businesses, from startups to seasoned companies, in diverse areas including technology, farming, professional practice matters, manufacturing and real estate development. He will oversee operations of the Ithaca office in his role as a member of the firm’s Board of Managers. David’s colleagues in the Syracuse office provide services in the areas of entity structuring and capital formation, including a long history with the private placement of securities.
- Cecelia Cannon, a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group with ties to the Ithaca area, focuses on dispute resolution in the commercial context, and in the trust, estate and elder law areas.
- Susan Katzoff and Jean Everett work on the issuance of tax-exempt bonds as bond counsel and counsel to issuers, borrowers and bond purchasers. They advise industrial development agencies, businesses and developers on federal and New York State tax incentives offered by state industrial development agencies including PILOTs, LIHTC and Opportunity Zones.
- Joshua Werbeck represents individuals and businesses in commercial real estate matters including acquisitions and sales, leasing and landlord-tenant matters, financing and capital development, as well as tax and grant structuring.
Bousquet Holstein’s attorneys strive to be contributing partners to the communities in which they serve. The firm looks forward to engaging with and supporting the Ithaca and Finger Lakes communities.
Bousquet Holstein PLLC provides services in diverse practice areas from its offices in Syracuse, Ithaca and New York City. The firm’s clientele is comprised principally of businesses, individuals, trusts, estates, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations.
- Ithaca Team:
L-R Back Row – Jean Everett, Susan Katzoff, Cecelia Cannon, Aaron Frishman
Front Row – Joshua Werbeck, Kimberly Rothman, Emilee Lawson Hatch
- Ithaca Team 2: L-R Peg Lovejoy, Kimberly Rothman, Akina McKay
- David Holstein
- Georgia Crinnin