Litigation by its nature is an arduous and challenging undertaking. Success requires setting realistic goals, creating intelligent tactics, undertaking meticulous preparation and retaining seasoned, confident counsel. Micha Ordway’s experiences representing both plaintiffs and defendants in and out of the courtroom along with his dauntless advocacy have made him a sought-after attorney for corporations and individuals alike, whether it be for commercial litigation matters, labor and employment claims or personal injury action.
A long-time cyclist and distance runner, Micha has a particular passion for representing bicyclists, runners and endurance athletes of any kind who have been injured through the negligence of others.
Highly regarded for his ability to navigate through the often confusing and chaotic litigation process, Micha assists his clients with determining their needs and goals and generates strategies designed to achieve the best outcomes possible – all the while keeping the economics of litigation in mind. A skilled courtroom attorney, Micha has litigated a wide range of matters from inception all the way to the New York’s highest Appellate Court. His experience includes:
• Banking disputes under Articles 3 & 4 of the U.C.C.
• Business disputes/ dissolution actions
• Complex commercial litigation matters
• Construction law
• Contract disputes
• Employment discrimination and retaliation claims in state and federal courts and before the New York Division of Human Rights.
• Insurance coverage disputes
• Labor and employment matters
• Personal injury and product liability claims with a particular focus on bicycling litigation and representing endurance athletes of every level
• Scaffolding law claims under Labor Law 240
• Shareholder derivative actions
• Unfair Labor Practice Charges before the National Labor Relations Board
• Wage and Hour claims
• Whistleblower suits
Micha also practices in the areas of alternative dispute resolution through arbitration and mediation.